Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Guilty pleasure? The Housewives of New York City. LuAnn is my favorite because she's sort of a real person. Alex is my favorite because she's the most ridiculous.
Don't judge me!
I have so so much work to do for school. I need to run to renew my public library card during my first break of the day and then check out a couple books for my research paper that I really haven't started. What I need to do is take the train two stops north and get my ass into Gerber Hart Library. How excited am I that I finally have a reason to make an appointment to visit the special collections?
I want it to be summer. I want it to be my wedding weekend just because so many people are going to be in town for three days and I miss them all so much.
My dress is in. That's a relief. I won't be naked on the day I get married. I need to make a special trip to Indy though to try it on and bring it home.
After three years and owning a home, I still feel like I live my life in two places.
I'm worried about money, but realize how lucky I am. I'll be fine. We'll make it. A few more weeks of mac and cheese and refried beans and we'll be back on track. It's strange; I'm either freaking out about money, or David's working 80 hours a week and money's great, but I don't see him. After him working at this job for a year now, I've done both scenarios. Obviously, there is nothing better than having him home. Last Sunday was so perfect. We walked to the lake front, spent some time at the dog beach, and later in the evening took Jake out again but walked to get ice cream. I won't get many of those days as work picks up for him. And instead of spending those days worrying about how we're going to pay the bills next month, I think I'll start spending it laughing and smiling and appreciating my life, and his life, and how they merge and intertwine, but also how they separate.

No comments: