Thursday, March 13, 2008

This city wears me out. Waiting for the bus yesterday and riding it home I just saw the congestion of rush hour, the mess of it all, and felt so closed in I couldn't breathe.
I think I always feel that way right before I know I am going to be in Indiana or some other place that offers a little calm.
But last night, when I got home from the awful commute, David convinced me to go on a walk to the dog beach. We walked up and down Lake Michigan, on the sand, in the park, and then watched Jake play with the other dogs in the fenced in "Mondog" (Montrose Ave Dog Beach). It was so fun. The sun was setting, it was almost 50 degrees, and it was just perfect. I can't wait to go tonight, with a camera. It made me forget the craziness of the city and reminded me of how much I love water and trees and dogs.
I could breate deeply, smile, and let the wind tangle my hair with the smell of the lake.
Perfect.

1 comment:

-M said...

i research this, you know. the effects of green space on city life. it's wonderful. and i understand...