Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Do you ever feel like the best years have already gone
Come and gone and you didn't even know
they would ever go?
That they were the best?
I would have savored them more..."

I feel empty inside. I miss being creative. It fed me in a way I guess I didn't realize until I was starving for it. But there is no time.
I see no purpose right now. I see no reason. I see no greater cause, no eventual epiphany, no voice.
I think I've lost my voice.
And in searching, madly, throwing off old pieces of myself that are better than the whole I have now, I wonder if I'll ever be there, completed, authentic, happy, content.
I wonder if it was just the way things are when you're 13. Those days are never to be had again.
I wonder what I've compromised, what I'm settling for, where my passion went, where this cheap imitation of life came from and why it's still here.
Looking for a geographical solution, again, I wonder if I'm not just running away again. Will I really be better for it this time? Am I just trying to find excuses?
But it's too much here. That I know. I am not here. And suddenly I realize that I am just a ball of tears, Jan Arden lyrics, comfort food, and memories.
I only laugh at memories.

No comments: