Monday, March 3, 2008

I am sick, again. Next winter I am going to live in a bubble. I get sick every year.
Saturday, the Cook County Board approved a raise in the home buyer transfer tax (it was only $7.50 per $1,000 when David and I bought). It's going up to $10.50! I'm just thinking that homeowners are really good for the economy that isn't in trouble, according to our really intelligent president (not for him and his cronies, I guess)... and it's becoming harder and harder to own.
ALSO, affecting renters and owners alike, the sales tax is going up again! The sales tax is my city is now 10.25. Are you kidding me? What is it in my hometown? 6?
This just adds to the mounting frustration I've had with Chicago as of late and I'm done. My heart is ready to drop out of school and go somewhere small, somewhere less expensive, somewhere that lets me keep the money I make and do something fun with it.
I'm ready. But I have almost a year until I can do anything about it. I know I've been at this juncture before and I ended up being really glad I stayed in the city. But this time, something is different. I know it's time.
Caroline Rhea is on TV right now. Who told her she was funny?
When are the Kathy Griffin specials coming back on Bravo?
I want the election to be over. I want feminists to understand that expecting women to vote for a candidate because she has a vagina is pretty patronizing. What if the female candidate was a really conservative republican? I bet not many feminists would be voting for her.
I'm pretty frustrated with things right now. Everything I am excited about lies far into the future and I just want it to be here now.
I'm not a patient person.

No comments: