Friday, June 20, 2008

I work tonight, cleaning the store like none other. Tomorrow is our grand opening, and Jake and Lucy will be coming with me. We also have a booth at the Clark St. Midsummer Fest (MIDsummer? Don't depress me). Jake, Lucy, and humans I work with (I talk to humans sometimes, too) will be running back and forth between the festival and the store. Nuts.
David and I are both off Sunday. Weird. We'll be running wedding-related errands,like going to Kinko's to print off the programs that I just decided we needed two days ago, deciding if David needs a new suit and buying one if necessary, and meeting with Dwayne to figure out what our ceremony is going to look like. We also need to go to PetsMart to get Lucy a name tag.
Monday I am getting my hair cut and doing a walk-through with the caterer at our event space. Tuesday I work, and it is David's LAST DAY at Soldier Field! HOLLER! Wednesday I work, and David sleeps, trying to make up for not sleeping for the past year he's worked at this hell hole. Thursday, I work, and we clean the condo because....
Friday friends and family begin arriving. We are having those who are in town that night over here and how we're fitting 16+ people in here is going to be...special.
Saturday more people arrive, and Jay and Dwayne are hosting a rehearsal and dinner. That night we'll be hanging out with the wedding party.
Sunday is the day. Lots of food, alcohol, and music. And the day after, we leave for a week of Tom Petty, cook outs, sleeping in, and free happy hour at our hotel.
Woot.

No comments: