Friday, August 8, 2008

I am on my way out the door to catch a bus to Indy. I, along with two other women, am throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law. I'll also get to see Molly on Sunday. Other than that, I'm in and out. You know, I used to feel bad about not seeing everyone... but there are two kinds of people in Indy anymore: the ones I try to see, but understand when I can't, and the ones that just don't matter. Does that sound strange?
I've learned a lot in the past year about what friendships I'll be keeping. There haven't been many surprises. Although, there have been wonderful surprises concerning friendships I never thought I'd be able to repair. Two of my best friends I've ever had... two people I made mistakes with, laughed until I literally wet myself with, people who witnessed the best decisions of my life... two people that I have reconnected with, who were in my wedding, who are back in my life.
There are sweet surprises in life. Many of them.

No comments: